More Plant Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishShack

Aquarium Advice Activist
All,

I just put plants into my tanks, do I have to give them plant food or fertilizer? If so what are good products to use? Also, every morning or when I get home from work I always have leaves floating, are the plants dying or are the fish messing with them? Is Marineland LED lights enough to sustain them?

Thanks
FishShack

What kind of plants do you have? What are the tank dimensions? What wattage are your LED lights, what are the kelvin ratings and how many do you have?

If they were just planted it could be damage from shipping/transit. Depending on your lighting and type of plants you may need to start fertilizing.

Here is the information that you requested:

Plant:
Pink Telanthera

Tank Size:
I have a 55g (48" x 13" x 20") and 20g (24" x 12" x 16"). Both with this plant.

Marineland LED Information:
20 gallon - 42 White/3 Blue .11W LEDs (Total Watts 4.62), (Total LUX 990), (Total Lumens @ 12" - 310)

55 gallon - 84 White/6 Blue .11W LEDs (Total Watts 9.02), (Total LUX 990), (Total Lumens @ 12" - 620)

Thanks
FishShack

If the leaves are falling off due to transit you should be able to tell in a week or so. I'm guessing it is your lighting and lack of nutrients. The plants would do a lot better in moderate to bright light. Addition of CO2 is beneficial but not required.

Back
Top Bottom