Moss balls and Bogwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redruckus

Aquarium Advice Freak
i am curently in the process of starting up a planted tank and Im wondering if it is posible to break apart "moss balls" Cladophora aegagropila and tie it down so it will attach to malay driftwood kinda like a carpet, if its posible how long does it take i dont want to have a bunch of thread in my tank for longer then i have to will post pics in the neer future

Moss balls take a long time to grow, to keep the ball formed they need a rolling current, I have cut one to make a carpet and wedged it into nooks in the wood and it did great like that.

I have pics posted on here of it as a carpet rather then a ball.

yes i know they do well not in ball form but i was thinking of tieing them down on a flatter surface with alot of thread/fishingline in hopes that they would "Root" to the wood ... i dont like the ball look but i do like the thick algae look but im just wondering how long it would take

Here it is when I had it spread out on wood like a blanket.
sqip2t.jpg

These marimo balls will NOT adhere to the wood at all or anything else for that matter. Its truly an algae ball and not at all moss.

Unless you are talking about those styrofoam balls wrapped in java moss.

no they are the marimo balls ...so they will not attach?? i am looking to get this kind of effect look at the algae like plant on the wood what plant would i get to do that i know its not java moss or xmas moss. its almost like a controled green beard algae of some shot i always figured it was broken up attached marimo balls
441.jpg

Back
Top Bottom