moss balls! help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyApril83

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 3 moss balls and I'm getting one more will the led lights my top fon 37 gallon came with work? There are 21 white led.

Moss balls are pretty low demand, they will probably be okay. It's really hard to say though but it's one species that I would try and see with since it doesn't ask for much to be happy.

Moss balls are pretty low demand, they will probably be okay. It's really hard to say though but it's one species that I would try and see with since it doesn't ask for much to be happy.

Ok so I now have 5 lol they had nice size ones about 2 inch diameter ill post pics

My mossball lives in my 55g tank with a t12 ballast that is probably older than me. The bulb gives barely enough light to grow hornwort on the surface, but my moss ball does great. Just make sure to give em' a gentle squeeze when you do your water changes and roll them over so they dont die on the bottom from no light.

My mossball lives in my 55g tank with a t12 ballast that is probably older than me. The bulb gives barely enough light to grow hornwort on the surface, but my moss ball does great. Just make sure to give em' a gentle squeeze when you do your water changes and roll them over so they dont die on the bottom from no light.

Thanks!

Looks like you have great indirect sun light. I am sure you can do well with other plants.

That sucks. In any case, I only have 55 watts of LED lightning in my 80G tank and it's 30 inches high. Look at the pictures of my plants in my album, "tank"

Just do very gentle brush off and roll them around, I broke my baseball/ orange size one by too hard of squeezing and after a year it didn't make new balls or grow back together. So now it is on some driftwood in chunks.

I have others but never as big as that one. The broken one made green in two DW, this is one of them.

Nice but not nearly as cool as a real moss BALL. There is a tiny marble size one in the front on the bottom in the jar.

60074-albums12153-picture55171.jpg

Just do very gentle brush off and roll them around, I broke my baseball/ orange size one by too hard of squeezing and after a year it didn't make new balls or grow back together. So now it is on some driftwood in chunks.

I have others but never as big as that one. The broken one made green in two DW, this is one of them.

Nice but not nearly as cool as a real moss BALL. There is a tiny marble size one in the front on the bottom in the jar.

Awe man! I hope I didn't squeeze mine too tight. I would be so upset....

ForumRunner_20130728_032352.jpg

Back
Top Bottom