Moss/ plant wall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VioletEmber

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone! I have wanted a moss wall ever since I first saw one and I'm pretty sure I know how to set it up. But this morning, pondering life and plants and design, I remembered seeing a picture of a plant wall in someone's Paris livingroom. I think this is the one.

http://www.dwell.com/articles/garden-apartment.html

So that just makes me want to throw up from envy-poisoning but I'd love to try something like that in a tank. So what other types of plants besides java moss would you add to a moss wall... I'd love a collection of different colors and textures. Anyone done this already?

Wow. That does look cool. I'm just heading out today for materials to start my moss walls. I was going to go for java on one and Christmas on the other. But only because I hadn't really heard about anything else being used. Now I'm curious too.

Just the java and Christmas mosses look different enough to add a little bit of contrast. There has to be more to add.

Awesome! I'm sure just these all put together could make an interesting thing to look at... Maybe in a really simple rocky tank for shell-dwellers or cichlids that dig up plants... I love rocks but I need some green in the tank too!

Back
Top Bottom