moved back into my 55

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PITT

Aquarium Advice Activist
I broke down my 20 and got my 55 back up and running. Just about everything came from my 20 and was just replanted. I planned on going back to my 55 and going all out but due to reasons I won't waist your time with...it's very low tech right now.

The plants I moved over are not in the greatest shape. In the 20, they all lived (for over a year) but didn't thrive. I have GW ferts and could use them but all the plants seem very low maintenance and I'm waiting to see how they do under the stronger lights before trying to put together a dosing plan together. (suggestions since they are low light/maintenance and came from a no fert tank?).

The 55 has 2x55 W CF on for 6 hours a day right now.
anacharis, java fern, java moss, mondo grass?, glosso? (but did ok in low/med light), and rotala?
a few zebra danios, white cloud tetra, cherry shrimp (tons), and a rubber lip pleco

This is nothing to brag about but since I often browse these forums for the pics...thought I'd show how some of less talented people are coming along. :grin:

full tank (yes, I take pictures as well as I aquascape) :?
Picture 031.jpg
this guy doesn't do much but I love him!!
Picture 026.jpg
new drift wood...I love this piece!
Picture 029.jpg
yes the glass needs cleaned...I know. :sorry:
Picture 030.jpg

Ok, so this isn't going to "WOW" anyone but I really enjoy sitting infront of it and thought maybe I'd get a few others on the lower end to be proud of what they have.

Any suggestions are always welcome.

Thanks everyone!!

~Jim

I'd probably start out dosing something along the lines of the following.

Micronutrients - enough for 0.2ppm Iron once or twice a week
Potassium - enough for 20ppm (may be split into two doses of 10ppm) per week
Nitrates - enough to get your Nitrate leves upto 20ppm (once or twice a week as needed)
Phosphates - enough to get your Phosphates upto 2ppm (once or twice a week as needed)

From there I would give it 2-3 weeks and see how the plants are doing. Assess and deficiencies and adjust dosing as needed. Repeat these two steps until the plants are growing well and your algae is minimal.

You'll probably want to bump your lighting duration upto at least 8 hours.

You'll probably want to bump your lighting duration upto at least 8 hours.

I was going from about 1 wpg (w/ CF spiral bulbs so i'm sure less than 1 wpg) to 2 wpg so I was afraid of some kind of shock or something. I'll bump it up. Thanks.

I'll also take the dosing advice and be sure to update the thread.

Thanks!!

~Jim

a few zebra danios, white cloud tetra, cherry shrimp (tons), and a rubber lip pleco

I thought that picture was a rubber lip pleco. I also have one and love him/her to death! I just made her some blanched spinach to eat as I think my albino cories are getting to the food quicker than she can.

hey nice tank, i had a 55 but never got it started cuz i wanted something bigger :D.. ne ways this is unrelated to your post, but how do you put your pictures up like that? (without a seperate link outside the forum)

thanks,

davE

ne ways this is unrelated to your post, but how do you put your pictures up like that? (without a seperate link outside the forum)

1.) Click on the
attach.gif
2.) Click on "Browse" and find the pic you want to upload.
3.) Click on "Upload"
4.) Close the pop-up window.
5.) Click on
attach.gif
again and click on the file you just uploaded. This will attach the pic to your post.

but how do you put your pictures up like that? (without a seperate link outside the forum)

You use a photo hosting website like photobucket or similar and paste the "IMG" code

Edit:
The person wants to know how to post a pic, that is NOT an Attachment. Also NOT just a link. They want a pic that shows up in the post, which I described above. Just like the OP's post and pics

Back
Top Bottom