Moved things around

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharkmom

Aquarium Advice Regular
Got a new rock on the left and new fish so had to move things around . What to build it up with rock cause the tank is to deep. Thinking need a new background maybe black?

Attachments

• image-1591769020.jpg
    image-1591769020.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 106
I actually like it an everyone here knows how crazy I am about aqua scaping. But I do agree. Toss that background and go with a black background and I'd say your good to go.

sharkmom said:
Thanks I will do that

New fish doing good. Found some black felt going to use that as a background have it might as well use it doing that tomorrow can't wait to see how it looks

sharkmom said:
New fish doing good. Found some black felt going to use that as a background have it might as well use it doing that tomorrow can't wait to see how it looks

Pics when your done :)

Glad your new guy is doing well

Black background looks amazing I love it . I need more plants and build up my rocks. A little at a time.

Attachments

• image-147444086.jpg
    image-147444086.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 67
I got it from a guy off here thinking of adding another one what do u think ? Or just more rock

sharkmom said:
I got it from a guy off here thinking of adding another one what do u think ? Or just more rock

Depends on what the other one looks like. It looks pretty dang good to me as it is though. I say just let the plants grow and be happy with a job well done! It's always a good feeling when you perfected your scape! :D

Edit: if anything, I'd say it could use the other driftwood on the right side, the right looks just a little empty. But it's up to you, and the piece, like I said earlier... Haha

Have u ever used grape vine in your tank ? My lfs has a ton of it nice looking to they say it's ok to use I asked on here before but I was given sites to research . I want to know what I think. Also what do u use to fertilize your plants I was told root tabs to start and then that is all I would need. Some r growing ok and some r not. Thank u for the help

sharkmom said:
Have u ever used grape vine in your tank ? My lfs has a ton of it nice looking to they say it's ok to use I asked on here before but I was given sites to research . I want to know what I think. Also what do u use to fertilize your plants I was told root tabs to start and then that is all I would need. Some r growing ok and some r not. Thank u for the help

Not sure about the grapevine, I think I remember seeing that thread. My only worries, which I think others expressed is the wood being to soft and rooting too fast. I suppose you could try it and see how it goes though. Fertilizing depends on your plants, and what light you're using. If you've got low light, and low light plants, they will use less nutrients. So if you want to keep it simple and easy, and avoid battling algae issues, I'd take that route. Typically plants like crypts or swords will feed from their roots, so root tabs are good. But if you have anubias or java fern they will feed through the leaves or rhizome, in turn needing some nutrients in the water column. A stock list of your plants and specs on your light would help. Otherwise I like the acronym K.I.S.S.... Keep it simple stupid! Haha you've got a really good looking tank thus far so keep simple plants and a simple fert schedule is what I'm trying to say I guess... :)

Thank u I have low light plants I have the tags some where have to dig them out as for light I am not sure but bought it to grow plant t5 with four bulbs

My tank is 150'gals not sure about the lights. I have had a tank since I was like 10 but always fake plants . I got live plants in jan of this year. I have always keep things simple . As long as my fish r happy and swimming I don't mess with them to much. So far things r good so I not up on all the ins and outs. The light was cheap and no info on it sorry I will check my eBay account it should be in my buying history

1 more branching piece of wood on the right side starting from the bottom and ending right at the top to give the illusion that it keeps going, make sense?

I think that would look awesome!

But seriously the tank looks amazing. That was just a thought I had figured I'd pass it on. A piece something like this, turn it upside down so the little branches are in the tank and let the other end stick upward and out.

image-544209642.jpg

image-2083627244.jpg

Convict2161 said:
1 more branching piece of wood on the right side starting from the bottom and ending right at the top to give the illusion that it keeps going, make sense?

I think that would look awesome!

But seriously the tank looks amazing. That was just a thought I had figured I'd pass it on. A piece something like this, turn it upside down so the little branches are in the tank and let the other end stick upward and out.

+1 that is exactly what I was thinking, but I didn't feel like typing that much... great minds think alike? Haha

Thank u will look for something .what is your opinion on grape vine?

Bill bug my watts r 280 2 blue 2 white. With lots of natural light

Back
Top Bottom