Moving House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yaxley

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all!
I'm moving house early August and I just wanted some advice about moving the tank and the fish etc...
It's a 25gal planted Freshwater, i was thinking glass jars for the fish? I want to know how long i can realistically keep the fish out of the tank in their individual jars.

Any advice please!

Yax

take some tank water in a bucket and put the fish there. also have some tank water in a bag for the filter media and another tank water bag for the decoration. the rest of the water, toss it out and just leave the gravel in the tank with enough tank water covering it so the good bacteria will not die off.

Thanks for replying so quickly!
I'm slightly worried about all the fish in a bucket together, chaos springs to mind, I was thinking some together (two Sajica cichlids and my salt and pepper cat) but certain individuals (south American puffer) might need something safer? Should I keep the filter in water or just drain the water from It into a bag?
Cheers

Yax

hi. if you feel much safer for them to be separated, you can definitely do that. no problem. I was just thinking of the fewer task ahead of you. but yeah, separate them, it definitely will work.

keep the filter media or filter cartridges in a bag with tank water to keep the good bacteria alive.

then when you arrive in your new house, put your tank together then add water like you are doing a PWC. :)

Last edited:
He means you put the sponges and carbon/ filter pads, everything inside the filter in a bag of water so the bacteria stay Alive. The rest is okay to dry as long as you keep the stuff inside wet at all times including when you get it set up. "If it dries, it dies"

He means you put the sponges and carbon/ filter pads, everything inside the filter in a bag of water so the bacteria stay Alive. The rest is okay to dry as long as you keep the stuff inside wet at all times including when you get it set up. "If it dries, it dies"

Exactly....:) thanks for clarifying that.

Back
Top Bottom