My 36G Bow Front Planted Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vromanowski

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
so this is my planted tank, only been in the hobby for ~2 months so this wouldn't have happened without all the help I recieved from you guys so thanks :)

plants:
1 annubia
2 micro sword
1 bleheri
1 asia
1 water wisteria
1 unknown lol, the plant with the red leaves, lost the tag it came with. can anyone identify it for me?

fish:
1 rainbow shark - hes nice doesnt bother other wish. that cave is his :D
couple of zebra danios
couple of tetra
coule of guppies
ghost shrimp-love these guys

DIY CO2 soda bottle underneath, with a t-splitter-thing and two valve controls so i can turn off the CO2 to the tank at night and not have pressure build up in the bottle (they came with the suction cups for the airstone so i thought i'd put em to use).

the 2nd filter is from my 10g, i figured it wasn't hurting anything so i hadn't taken it out yet, but now that i'm injecting CO2 i'll prob. remove it to reduce surface agitation.

If someone can look at the 3rd pic and tell me if that's an acceptable level for CO2/surface agitation that would be great

anyways thanks again everyone

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 94
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 84
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 93
You really can't tell CO2 levels from a picture ...

Generally, you want as little water surface movement as possible so you don't out gas your CO2, so all that bubbles are not ideal.

To tell how much CO2 is in the tank, you need to measure the pH & KH at the same time. <You can guess if you have a starting pH & equilibrium pH.>

This is a calculator for CO2 level:
Measuring CO2 levels in a Planted Tank

heheh i didn't mean for you to tell me how much CO2 was in the tank, just if it looked like the filter was causing too much surface agitation or not

Back
Top Bottom