My 55 planted.. growth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dee99gt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had my 55 set up for awhile.. I am wondering if the growth of my plants are growing too quickly.. I dose it once a week.. and my plants seem to be growing like crazy... this a bad or good thing?

First pic was taken on Aug 16... second pic on sep 13..

Attachments

• 378324_4510716412019_417841849_n.jpg
    378324_4510716412019_417841849_n.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 115
  • ta004.jpg
    ta004.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 115
I've had my 55 set up for awhile.. I am wondering if the growth of my plants are growing too quickly.. I dose it once a week.. and my plants seem to be growing like crazy... this a bad or good thing?

Depends of what you are looking for in your tank... Fast growing means healthy plants, good conditions, but also means more trimming, more time, or more maintenance.....

:D

I like the overgrown look, but do I have to trim or will they get out of hand?

I have 3 angel's and one HUGE molly who runs the tank..

dee99gt said:
I like the overgrown look, but do I have to trim or will they get out of hand?

I have 3 angel's and one HUGE molly who runs the tank..

Oh yes, the swords and the wisteria will get too big for your tank....you will need to trim as needed, based on your own preference...

The swords are easy to keep in check. Just cut the outer leaves as close to the bottom of the plant as possible. Then you don't have little stems sticking out everywhere. You can shape the plant pretty much the way you want. Swords are also nutrient hogs with big root systems, eventually you will have to add root tab ferts to keep them healthy. But for now I'd say your A-okay!

dee99gt said:

What are you dosing it with?

Back
Top Bottom