Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-02-2020, 03:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

My Anubias have Brown Spotting on Them

Hello, so I've had these plants in this tank for a couple months now and I've recently just noticed that there are some browning spots on them that won't go away. I dose them with the recommended amount of Excel, Iron, Potassium supplements and there is decent medium strength LED lighting. I looked like algae growth at first but I'm not completely sure what it is. I normally never had this problem until I stocked my tank with gourami's and angelfish. My shrimp are scared to come out during the day so they normally feed at night. Is it algae or is my anubias plants dying? Here are some pictures of my Anubias Plants. Do I need to cut these leaves off or is there a way to save them?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed (1).jpg
Views:	14
Size:	253.3 KB
ID:	318267   Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	258.5 KB
ID:	318268  

Old 10-03-2020, 10:43 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

No, it just looks like typical brown algae to me. I get it all the time. Ototcinclus with take care of that right away.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:34 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Looks like algae to me also. Will it wipe off? If so it's not in the plant structure, just surface algae

Tags
anubias, brown, spot

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com