My attempt at a Christmas Moss "Carpet"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Devilishturtles

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, I thought it'd be fun, so I attempted it. Bought some river rocks at the store and used fishing line to loosely tie the christmas moss to it. Then I just laid them out. I don't know how I want it to look yet, but I'm kinda liking the half and half look. Anyways, thought I'd snap a few pictures. I think I might actually be *starting* to become halfway happy with the tank! :)

Attachments

• img_1397__medium__153.jpg
    img_1397__medium__153.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 3,153
That Christmas Moss carpet is really nices and leaves me wanting more. It's already helping give a nice sense of depth on the left side of the tank.

looks pretty good. the only thing i would suggest is tie it to a flat peice of mesh. the only problem with what u have done is that it will get very wild soon. compared to when u tie it, it stays much flatter and controlled. it will also spread paster. cut a peice of mesh(stainless steen or plastic) and thinly spread it out. this way the moss will fill in naturally over it all to whatever shape u desire and will require less pruning. the way u currently have it is fine to but it will no spread to the right. it will just grow bushier. i tried the same thing lol thats why i am telling u this.

Thanks for comments guys! I couldn't have done it w/o your guys help, Purrbox, JC, mrfunk, Rich, everyone from chat. :)

Mrfunk, I'm not sure I want it to go all over the tank yet, I was debating doing a half moss and half HC foreground. But I dunno. I'm so indecisive!!! Don't know how something will look so its hard to know what to do. My luck it'll look hideous!

That is a really cool carpet. I hope mine does half as well on my caves. I will have to tie mine a few more times to get it to cover but it should work. When yours gets going you could always tie some of it to the more rocks to make it spread out more. That or try the mesh toward the middle to really "from" where you want it to go.

Back
Top Bottom