my Blyxa Japonica eaten!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliffz

Aquarium Advice Freak
folks,
I planted a new Blyxa Japonica Saturday. This morning it was eaten down to the substrate!!

I a bummed!

Who is the cuprit?

Dojo loach
Kaluhi loach
Vail angel-(big)
Albino Cat
Neons
Rasboras
female sword
silver dollar-(big)
tri color shark-med

No other plant has ever been eaten. What made the Blyxa so inviting?

thanks

What other plants are in the tank? Some might just not be appealing to the silver dollar which are herbivores. They have even been known to tear apart plants which would regularity go untouched by some herbivores.

Definately not a plant freindly fish.

Hoovercat said:
prolly just melted. My blyxas did.

I doubt it would have melted that fast. It would atleast shown some signs of melting before disappearing.

Well Cliff, atleast your fish are eating a high-class diet. :D

If you decide you want more, just let me know.

That silver dollar really has to go. If you want some B. japonica to replace it just drop by the house.

I have 2 Silver Dollars in my fully planted tank and never notice any plants being eaten. i think it is b/c i offer them veggies instead.

Wow!!

Ok the silver dollar will take a vacation. Fortunately the local guy takes in healthy fish! I have to try and catch the dojo loach who likely is pulling up the clover.
He's so darn fast and slippery!! Its going to be a tuff catch!! Maybe I'll make a tv show out of it? Deadliest catch- :)

folks,
Since im considering adding shrimp to my tank eventually, I will have to let go all the loaches, silver dollar and angelfish. Randy and Rich--thanks for the offer of some additional Blyxa. when I remove some fish i may take u up on the offer!!

thanks

Back
Top Bottom