My Early Attempts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrianNY

Aquarium Advice Addict
I followed no rules and patterns on these. I worked with plants that were easy to come by, and relatively easy to grow.

Attachments

• low_light_55g_691.jpg
    low_light_55g_691.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 49
  • planted_125g_may_4_2004_143.jpg
    planted_125g_may_4_2004_143.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 50
OH WOWOWOWOWOW!
They are amazing Brian!
Those were your first attempts!? crazy.
I'm loving that second one hey....but the first is fantastic too!
The ground cover in the first is super, wish I could find some of that. What is it? :p
I really have a long way to go!
Thanks for sharing!
Cheers.
Ry.

fastfly48 said:
OH WOWOWOWOWOW!
They are amazing Brian!
Those were your first attempts!? crazy.
I'm loving that second one hey....but the first is fantastic too!
The ground cover in the first is super, wish I could find some of that. What is it? :p
I really have a long way to go!
Thanks for sharing!
Cheers.
Ry.

You should see it in person! It's great!

Thanks Ry. Believe it or not the ground cover in that tank is Water Sprite. Water Sprite is not a fore ground plant but it was available to me and it grows fast. So I kept pruning and replanting to keep it at that height.

Looks great Brian. It is tanks like yours and many others here that had got me started on planted tanks. Darn you all anyways. LOL

They are both beautiful tanks Brian. I really like the 55 gal. and thats low light? Very nice. Are they still up and running?
I can totally relate Anne, they did it to me too!

Thanks all. Yep Glenn, 1.1wpg on the 55. I even managed to get very good growth on an Amazon sword in that tank. Both tanks are up and running but look nothing like in those pics. In fact, they are both jungles at the moment.

I need to get a shot of enthusiasm to get back into it again. I'm sure that spending some time in this forum will be the impetus. For those that don't know me, I also have 8 discus tanks. Sometimes I feel the plants can wait, but the discus........never.

Your "Planted Tanks Rule" gallery pics were one of my biggest inspirations when starting the hobby :) Excited to see where you go with these.

I must give credit where credit is due. I knew I could have a planted tank with low-light when I was introduced to Brian's tanks. :D

BrianNY said:
I need to get a shot of enthusiasm to get back into it again. I'm sure that spending some time in this forum will be the impetus. For those that don't know me, I also have 8 discus tanks. Sometimes I feel the plants can wait, but the discus........never.

Yep, you certainly have your hands full (no pun intended). That was one of the motivating factors to creating this forum.

To be honest, a pilgrimage should be made to Brian's fishroom. Your eyes will pop out and you will also have to pick your jaw up off the floor.

Back
Top Bottom