my first DIY co2~ log and questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paytertot

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I've just set up my very first DIY co2 bottle in my 55 gallon. I realize that one bottle isn't much for a large tank, but this is just a trial. My question is, is one HOB filter and one air stone enough oxygen in there? I had two air stones but I turned one off so I could tell later on if the co2 was working or not.

It's now starting to release a bubble every few seconds. I have it so that the tube goes into my canister filter intake.

The HOB filter probably wont be a huge issue if you have your tank filled up all the way, but the airstone is going to outgas almost all of your CO2. You may or not see an effect, especially on a large tank with one bottle.

Well the reason I say something is because I have an overstocked tank at high temp and I don't wanna suffocate the fish

Surface agitation alone produces oxygen; take nature for instance. I had air pumps, stones, etc and over time did away with them. I feel there more for 'treasure chest' kids appeal.

Back
Top Bottom