My first real plants!! But need help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mustangman11224

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I went to the pets store and picked up some real plants for my 36 gal, which I'm still trying to cycle... What temp should I have the water at for them.... It's at 81 right now... And also how often should I feed them... I got niutrafin plant grow liquid for them, and it doesn't say how often to add it to the water.
Thanks for all the help
Dan

Attachments

• image-1281451463.jpg
    image-1281451463.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 77
  • image-2168653310.jpg
    image-2168653310.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 79
  • image-300997224.jpg
    image-300997224.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 75
And also will my plants be ok if there is no fish in there yet... I read an article that said they won't survive very long without activity from fish is that true?

They will be needing nitrates to grow, and those usually come from fish unless you're dosing with ammonia or something.

By the way, the peacock fern in the back isn't an aquatic plant.

I have been dosing with ammonia drops... And it isn't !?!? Stupid petco the lady said these were good plants and that stupid fern was 14$ ... If it dies I'm bringing it right back..... And that will b my last visit... Every time I go there... There's a problem... One lady says not to do any water changes... Wrong... They say common pelco only grow to 10" wrong.... They tell me test strips are better and more accurate than any other tests.... Wrong... Ugg. Thanks for the help... Should I take that out... She gave it to me in this aquarium gel stuff...

I have been dosing with ammonia drops... And it isn't !?!? Stupid petco the lady said these were good plants and that stupid fern was 14$ ... If it dies I'm bringing it right back..... And that will b my last visit... Every time I go there... There's a problem... One lady says not to do any water changes... Wrong... They say common pelco only grow to 10" wrong.... They tell me test strips are better and more accurate than any other tests.... Wrong... Ugg. Thanks for the help... Should I take that out... She gave it to me in this aquarium gel stuff...

Well, we all learned this lesson. Try to find a good local fish store to work with. Big box stores are pretty good for equipment, but when it comes to stocking, you need a good old fashion mom & pop type store.

Back
Top Bottom