My first rimless build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, I'll try and keep this one legible;)
Here's where I'm at.
Tank will be a mr. Aqua 7.5g dazzle
16" finnex planted plus
Finnex 360 cannister with inline co2 reactor.
Aqueon stealth 25w heater.
Brightwell ' s substrate.
Some fish
Some plants and a nice piece of dw!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sounds great, once you go rimless you'll never go back :).

Well that's concerning, I'm trying to curb spending haha.
Tank ordered!
Filter ordered!!
Only thing I'm actually putting lots of actual thought into is substrate.
The brightwell looks perfect, I'm just concerned about the whole ph/gh/kh thing..my soft water us already low in the gh/kh dept. I have to run a little more co2 which is not a big deal. I'm mostly concerned with the swings upsetting my fauna.

If you use a pH controller you can lock in a pH by using CO2 to control, and avoid the swings. Not good for the budget department, but works very well :)

If you use a pH controller you can lock in a pH by using CO2 to control, and avoid the swings. Not good for the budget department, but works very well :)

I would make sense but I'd just go with something like Eco complete before I spring for a ph controller. I'm wanting the better substrate though. Do you think it's doable without the controller? May take a little longer to dial in the co2??

Oh yes, a controller is a luxury, not a requirement.

I am biased, but I really like aquasoil. Have used most all of them, and have always liked aquasoil and always go back.

Ada? Can you link the product please?

Please try something other than EcoComplete. I love the stuff but you'll most likely get better results with the Brightwell (Dr Nano mentioned this) and the ADA product.
This thread appears to be crafted with sound mind and body.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Please try something other than EcoComplete. I love the stuff but you'll most likely get better results with the Brightwell (Dr Nano mentioned this) and the ADA product.
This thread appears to be crafted with sound mind and body.

Deal! Brightwell it is..

This will be interesting. Ive always wanted a rimless. I was thinking about building one since I've come across some sheets is thick glass.

Edit: I would go with a good substrate. Since we've seen the results.

How can I not follow this? This otta be a great tank!

Still waiting for sk3lly to rip me a new one for not going ada, I'm not going to buy anything until I hear from him. Brightwell will be $45 to do.the whole deal. Ada will be a bit more. Want to make sure its worth the extra money and 3 weeks of waiting/ listening to my gf ask why that new stupid tank is sitting on a milk crate filled with mud water and no stupid fish..
Edit- this is my first build thread having not already set up the tank!! Yayyyyy I'm patient:)

Have you decided on style of scape?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Kind of, I'm going to use.
Lobelia cardinales
Dhg
Limno something, i just ordered it.
Xmas moss on dw
Can't decide if I want stone??
Got a bunch of bucephalandra coming tommorow so I may work them in as well..
I'll sketch up a plan now, making pancakes!!!! With blueberries!! Fancy like that:)

Plan????
I'm going for a shady forest look, the cpds and scarlet badis will appreciate that.

Attachments

• 1422817441386.jpg
    1422817441386.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 125
Ok time to add my two cents!

Never had any experience with brightwell but i believe RcGuerra uses the stuff. He seems to do well with it.

I am going to fight ADA corner. Get the powdered though. It is pricy but it looks so clean. Almost like black sand. Plant growth is truly outstanding. Root development is like nothing ive seen in my other tank. The leaching of ammonia really wasnt a big deal. Only took me two weeks to have it under control.

Now im no expert on this but i do keep a keen eye on the IAPLC contests with an eye to enter one day. The majority of contestants still use ADA i believe. There must be a reason for this. Ive never heard of brightwell substrate over this side of the pond.

Certainly will be following Brookster. I reckon this will be the perfect chance for you to showcase everything you've learnt since the clown gravel and pineapple house comedy tank lol!!

Im not on this as often but i will be taking interest. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom