My HC is growing crazy fast emersed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yohann976

Aquarium Advice Freak
I purchased a bunch of HC from Singapore a couple weeks ago. Most of it, I put in my fish tank. The rest, just a few pieces, I put in my terrarium. The HC pieces in my terrarium are growing like weeds. Pretty soon, I'll have too much of it in there.

The HC in my aquarium, on the other hand, isn't doing as great. In fact, it isn't doing anything at all. It isn't dieing or growing. My water parameters are as follows: ph- 7.2, nitrates-10, nitrites-0, ammonia-0, gh-100, kh-200. My substrate is eco-complete and my lights are 260w.

Does HC take some time to acclimate to water? I'm pretty sure that it was grown emersed from the guys in Singapore.

You're right: plants adapting from emersed to submersed culture usually take a while to get going. Just FYI and as a general statement, usually there's some or total die off of the emersed growth.

I believe I started with submerged HC and so no first hand experience to convey, but fwiw I did the opposite and moved some emersed and have die off but am starting to culture growth. The submersed stuff is growing better for me. I hope to have your success.

Would *love* pics of and info about your terrarium if you get around to it.

My HC in the aquarium seems to be growing now!!! I upped my CO2 by using another 2-liter yeast generator. The leaves are VERY small and growing from the internodes of the original horizontal stems. The leaves on the emersed HC in my terrarium are much larger in size. I always thought that it was supposed to be the other way around.

Back
Top Bottom