My new 10g betta sorority is my favorite tank I am currently running.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RoboFish808

Aquarium Advice Regular
IMG_4704.jpg

The harmony of the Bettas is so beautiful, they like to swim around fast and play with the bubbler airstream

The tank looks good :)

I would add some Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalilctroides/ cornuta). It's a floating plant that has branches and the Bettas can sleep among the branches and be near the surface.

I would also keep an eye on the areas behind the rocks. Gunk can build up there and cause water quality problems.

Keep an eye on the Betta in the top left corner (up the front). It looks stressed and might be getting bullied.

Apart from that, good job :)

Looking good! I read two books on bettas. Both discussed sororities, saying they are for more skilled fish keepers and those girls can get into it. I passed & just have a pretty purple boy.

I would add some Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalilctroides/ cornuta). It's a floating plant that has branches and the Bettas can sleep among the branches and be near the surface.

I would also keep an eye on the areas behind the rocks. Gunk can build up there and cause water quality problems.

Keep an eye on the Betta in the top left corner (up the front). It looks stressed and might be getting bullied.

Thanks for your advice I ended up actually moving all the bettas to a tank with a little bit of better cover and haven’t seen a single nip since. This tank is now gonna be reused for a community probably, but for now all it has are my Japanese trapdoor snails breeding like crazy and some aquatic isopods

The tank they moved into anyway, has lots of frogbit and Riccia for shelter

And yes, that area behind the rocks is very problematic. This is an east facing window, meaning that is where the hair algae carpets…and thrives off the leftovers

RoboFish, how many girls do you have in there? I've been thinking of starting a betta sorority in a 20g and your setup is so beautiful, I'm encouraged one step further to get it together. Also, having only had males, who prefer low-flow, it never occurred to me to have a bubbler for bettas of any kind. They actually play in the bubbles?

RoboFish, how many girls do you have in there? I've been thinking of starting a betta sorority in a 20g and your setup is so beautiful, I'm encouraged one step further to get it together. Also, having only had males, who prefer low-flow, it never occurred to me to have a bubbler for bettas of any kind. They actually play in the bubbles?

Absolutely female bettas love to surf currents you have to remember they have a lot of control with those short fins

I have 10 girls together with some snails and a few marmokreb cray growout clones

Back
Top Bottom