Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-08-2022, 01:28 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

My new 10g betta sorority is my favorite tank I am currently running.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4704.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	219.8 KB
ID:	324434

The harmony of the Bettas is so beautiful, they like to swim around fast and play with the bubbler airstream

Old 12-08-2022, 01:38 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboFish808 View Post
Attachment 324434

The harmony of the Bettas is so beautiful, they like to swim around fast and play with the bubbler airstream

Name:	IMG_4617.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	324435curious little baby

Name:	IMG_4614.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	324436Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4358.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	324437Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4184.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	324438
Old 12-08-2022, 05:57 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

The tank looks good

I would add some Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalilctroides/ cornuta). It's a floating plant that has branches and the Bettas can sleep among the branches and be near the surface.

I would also keep an eye on the areas behind the rocks. Gunk can build up there and cause water quality problems.

Keep an eye on the Betta in the top left corner (up the front). It looks stressed and might be getting bullied.

Apart from that, good job
Old 12-08-2022, 08:06 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Looking good! I read two books on bettas. Both discussed sororities, saying they are for more skilled fish keepers and those girls can get into it. I passed & just have a pretty purple boy.
Old 01-21-2023, 09:02 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_T View Post
The tank looks good

I would add some Water Sprite (Ceratopteris thalilctroides/ cornuta). It's a floating plant that has branches and the Bettas can sleep among the branches and be near the surface.

I would also keep an eye on the areas behind the rocks. Gunk can build up there and cause water quality problems.

Keep an eye on the Betta in the top left corner (up the front). It looks stressed and might be getting bullied.

Thanks for your advice I ended up actually moving all the bettas to a tank with a little bit of better cover and havenít seen a single nip since. This tank is now gonna be reused for a community probably, but for now all it has are my Japanese trapdoor snails breeding like crazy and some aquatic isopods
Old 01-21-2023, 09:03 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_T View Post
The tank looks good

The tank they moved into anyway, has lots of frogbit and Riccia for shelter

And yes, that area behind the rocks is very problematic. This is an east facing window, meaning that is where the hair algae carpetsÖand thrives off the leftovers
Old 01-26-2023, 10:26 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

RoboFish, how many girls do you have in there? I've been thinking of starting a betta sorority in a 20g and your setup is so beautiful, I'm encouraged one step further to get it together. Also, having only had males, who prefer low-flow, it never occurred to me to have a bubbler for bettas of any kind. They actually play in the bubbles?
Old 02-02-2023, 10:58 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADsnail View Post
RoboFish, how many girls do you have in there? I've been thinking of starting a betta sorority in a 20g and your setup is so beautiful, I'm encouraged one step further to get it together. Also, having only had males, who prefer low-flow, it never occurred to me to have a bubbler for bettas of any kind. They actually play in the bubbles?

Absolutely female bettas love to surf currents you have to remember they have a lot of control with those short fins

I have 10 girls together with some snails and a few marmokreb cray growout clones

Tags
betta, betta sorority, current, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com