My new 55g :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Namar

Aquarium Advice Regular
Here is my new 55g planted tank. I literally just transfered my plants and fish over less than 48hrs ago from my 29g so its still in progress. I'm completely open to suggestions on plant and fish stocking, actually that's what I would like. I want to stay mostly with natural decor so the log and skull stacked in the corner will soon go they are only there to help start up this tank.

Current fish stock:
11 - Neon Tetras
2 - Corydoras (bronze, albino)
1 - Powder Blue dwarf Gourami
1 - Electric Blue Ram
2 - Mystery Snails

I'll be adding a couple more Cory's today beyond that I'm unsure and open to suggestions. I would like to get the Ram a friend or 2 but worried about them all being males and fighting when they grow but I think one more will be fine. There are some really nice long fin Angels at local pet store I would like 1 of those. One more small group of 5 fish would be nice but I haven't decided on what.

Plant stock:
All I can remember is the Java Fern I just tied to my drift wood. I cannot remember the names of the rest but I definitely want to stock a lit more vegetation in there. For this I would appreciate some suggestions.

I'm running a Fluval 306 canister (my first canister) and I don't like the way the intake tube looks so I was thinking of stacking more rocks in front of it to conceal it and at the same time make some caves, not enough to block suction but just hide it. Would thus be ill advised?

unuputu3.jpg

aqyme9aj.jpg

8uzy5y6u.jpg

bysuneva.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi Namar. Looks good so far! I'm no plant expert but I have had great luck with Anubias, Pennywort, and Wisteria. Anubias is great for attaching to wood or rocks. The experts on the forum could give you much more specific advice but it would probably be helpful if you provided additional info such as substrate, lighting, whether or not you intend to use ferts and/or CO2, etc.

As for your question about building a rock wall in front of the intake tube that shouldn't be an issue as long as you leave enough room so that water flows properly. I have a Fluval 406 and I used lace rock to build a wall that hides the tube and my heater. Hope this helps! :)

You could just fork out some cash for a glass intake tube gla sells them they are sweet and look awesome In the tank

Thanks, you just reminded me of the Anubias in there, all the others I'm still unsure of. I would vebopen to CO2 so long as it doesn't complicate things I want this to be fairly low maintenance.

My substrate is a white sand (came with used aquarium). 2 - 18" T8 15watt lights, one being Aqueon floramax.

Here are more pics of the plants.
atytusad.jpg

zyhu8age.jpg

u7u7adyv.jpg

4umapamu.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom