My New Planted 60 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

russianaquarium

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone, I used to have a 30 gallon, but finally found myself a 60 at an amazing price so I just couldn't not get it. I am trying to get it to run better than my 30 was running, and right away started off with my lighting, as many of you may know I was having problems with light being junky and not bright. So as of now heres what I got.
Aquarium: 60 Gallon 48x25x13
Filter: Marineland Penguin 300 with bio wheel.
Lighting: Original led it came with, 2 x 13 inch led strips. and I added 2 x 48 inch t8 florescent tube lights that are 6500K daylight lights with 2850 lumens each and are 32 watts each.
Plants: Java Moss, Java Fern, Sword Plant, Bacopa Caroliniana, Alternanthera reineckii, aponogeton boivinianus, Moneywort, lutea, and this new plant I bought and don't know the name of (if any of you could help identify would be awesome i will attach picture).
Ferts?: I add Api Leaf zone weekly, and api co2 daily, and root tabs 1 a month or less.
Aeration: Tetra Whisper Air Pump 30-60
So the 30 is gone everything went into the 60 gallon now, how is my light and is it sufficient enough? So what should I change/add/do? Thanks (sorry for long post)

Attachments

• DSCF0540.jpg
    DSCF0540.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCF0541.jpg
    DSCF0541.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF0542.jpg
    DSCF0542.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 46
Hey bud. Nice tank! I'd be getting another filter. A canister is ideal for a tank that size. Keep the hob aswell. Remember you want atleast 10x turn over of the tank volume per hour.

Set up the leaf zone to recommended on the bottle.

Lighting looks good. You'd be in the low-mid range.

Will my light grow all those plants? And what about the leaf zone? And ya I will get a canister eventually don't have the $ right now with this new tank. What one exactly should I get (canister) and whats a good cheap one? Like 50-70$ range? Thanks.

A sun sun canister should work. Get the biggest one you can.

Hard to say but it should be fine for your current plants.

I prefer PPS pro or EI dosing for ferts. A quick google search will give you all the info you need on these dosing techniques.

Looks good. Just add a few swords for height and maybe some tall driftwood with moss attached. I use Seachem Flourish and Flourish Excell and Seachem root tabs.
Attached is my 16G Fluval Vista. I don't have more recent pics.

Attachments

• P1030206.jpg
    P1030206.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 53
Yes the aponogeton boivinianus, and the moneywort should get much higher, and I will add more driftwood this summer, also is it possible to add substrate with fish in the water? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom