My NEW! Test Results.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishingdood

Aquarium Advice Regular
alrighty ...I just finished making my DIY C02 kit which rules ; ) pics will come later.... before I add the c02 in the next couple days I wanted to show my test results before I decide to start it up. The test I used was Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Inc.

Ph - 8.0
Nitrate - 0 ppm
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0 ppm

Now I know Ammonia is good but I am still unclear if I should add stuff before I add the c02 or after I add the c02....

Load on the tank

6 - Sunset
5 - Zebra Danio
15 - Ghost Shrimp
1 - Clear tetra
1 - Spotted Dojo
3 - Golden Snails

Tank has been setup well over a month now....thanks for any replys!

Scott

You may want to pick up a KH/GH test kit, you will need to know if your KH starts to bomb, if you don't then your PH can drop very drastically and stress the fish. If it does start to drop then baking soda (not sure of dose) or CC may help add buffers back into the tank.

I think you mean Nitrate is good.... not ammonia. You'll need to provide some source for that.

Kasakato said:
Why do you have 0 nitrate? You have to have at least 5ppm for the ammoina to break down.

ammonia breaks down into nitrate.
planted tanks under high light often have no nitrate because they use it up as food.

Then you've never seen one of my tanks. I keep them well stocked with fish, because if I don't, I have no nitrates and have to dose 10ppm every 3 days.

ok I test my regular water(tap water) and here are the results!

Nitrate - 20

Nitrite - 0

Hardness(gH) - 150 ppm

Alkalinity(kH) - 180 ppm

PH level - 8.4

NOW I plan on adding my c02 today.....do I need to know anything else before I do this??

ok had the C02 setup for few days now here are my water results

Amonia - 0
Nitrate - 20ppm
Nitrite - 0
gH - 150ppm
kH - 180ppm
PH - 7.8

can someone tell me how I can convert these numbers to the other format ..if yall understand me lol where like kH would equal 4 hardness or somthing

Also My nitrate is still in the safe range...should I start using Ferts yet??

Back
Top Bottom