my planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
new pics. I have not posted pics in about a year or so. thought I would update everyone. my tank always seems to be a work in progress so any suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• 100_2406.jpg
    100_2406.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 72
  • 100_2407.jpg
    100_2407.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 100_2418.jpg
    100_2418.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 100_2413.jpg
    100_2413.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 67
a few more

Attachments

• 100_2417.jpg
    100_2417.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 100_2409.jpg
    100_2409.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 71
  • 100_2419.jpg
    100_2419.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 63
Looking great! Welcome back! :)

Thanks HN1, never really left been doing lots of reading with just the occasional post. Unfortunately just haven't done alot with my tank, kids keeping me busy, but I am trying to get my tank into better shape.

yes Jason Java ferns are about as easy as it comes, just make sure you tye them to something like DW or rocks don't try to plant them they will rott.
Thanks

Beautiful tanks. The quality of the greens in those swords is just stunning.

Since you asked for suggestions, the only one I could think of is in regards to that longer tank (picture in the bottom left). It seems there is a big patch of open substrate kind of in the middle that (in my mind, at least) is just crying out for something...especially something with a little color.

I wonder if you could put a lone (or small group of a few) plants with a little red in them there as a sort of centerpiece plant? Red Tiger Lotus maybe?

Just a thought. Beautiful tanks--thanks for sharing!

Thanks JohnPaul I would love a Red plant of some kind but I only have about 1.2 watts per gallon so I don't know of a red plant that would grow with that low of lights. The pics are all of just one tank it is a 100 gal. 5 ft. tank

the only semi aggressive fish in there are the black ruby barbs but I have 10 of them and they only mess with each other. I have mostly tetras in there there are neons, rummy nose, red sarpa, blood fin, von rio, blue red columbian, then there is also cory cats, 2 plecos, and a clown loach and some amono shrimp.

I use plant tabs for the most part. I probably should use someother stuff but I don't. Thanks everyone for the comments

thanks fisheggs I have red wendtii in there but they just are not very red... LOL, They are on the small side at the moment though so maybe they will get brighter before long.

Back
Top Bottom