My sons first tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flchamp89

Aquarium Advice Addict
He got a spec iii
It will be a work in progress. But so far its been all him. Pretty good for 8. Still cloudy lol20161225_153821.jpg20161225_152834.jpg20161225_153600.jpg

Looks bloody good for an 8 year old! Future aquascaper in the making? I think so!

I hope tomorrow ill have my stand finished. I just got to tear down my 10g. Kinda dreading that part.

I hope tomorrow ill have my stand finished. I just got to tear down my 10g. Kinda dreading that part.

Nice! What size tank are u putting together? Or u just rescaping the 10g? I'm hoping to go from my 30g to a 52g custom sized rimless tank. Waiting to see if I can get the glass first but then I have to build a stand and everything aswell. Hoping to go 900x500x500mm. Need to buy new lighting and swap from filters around from other tanks aswell. After putting together my first tank I've realised u cant rush into setting them up. I've come to a point where I really dislike the current tank I have, Everything is just wrong lol

That how I feel about my 10g. Just ran out of room too quick. I have a 40b. I have all my equipment. Just got to finish the stand.
I have move the 10g out as room is limited.

That how I feel about my 10g. Just ran out of room too quick. I have a 40b. I have all my equipment. Just got to finish the stand.
I have move the 10g out as room is limited.

That's exactly what happened in my 30g. I just feel there isn't enough room to achieve what I'm after! 40b is a good size, do U have a scape in mind? (A picture for inspiration?)

I like the jungle look. I know its not proper aquascaping lol. There several plants i want that I dont have room for in my 10 plus with the 40 I can have a bigger sand beach. I want more endlers as well. Ill obviously keep the plants from my 10.

I like the jungle look. I know its not proper aquascaping lol. There several plants i want that I dont have room for in my 10 plus with the 40 I can have a bigger sand beach. I want more endlers as well. Ill obviously keep the plants from my 10.

I'd say it's a form of scaping. Jungle isn't easy to pull off as plant placement is important. It's good your reusing your plants, I'll be throwing so many away. Seems like such a waste. I like to keep the 30 as a grow out but I've already got 4 tanks on the go so I feel I need to draw the line lol

I like it. Hoping to see it in a month or two after the plants fill in.
Let him know that it looks good.

Thanks. Im going to give him some plants. Just wanted to start cycle.

20170305_102335.jpg

New fluval light on the specs got some par. I think if someone wanted you could grow just about any plant.

View attachment 296014

New fluval light on the specs got some par. I think if someone wanted you could grow just about any plant.

Very cool! Is that a Betta in there, I see? How big is your son's tank. You just gave me inspiration for my classroom Tank, more plants!!! I love the digital thermometer, the regular one is hard for my old eyes to see.

2.6g. Not ideal for betta. Logic as well as most people say digital will not be as accurate. I seem to find them to be within .5
I can live with that. Ive been using digital ones for awhile now. Cheap on amazon I think 6 bucks or so.

Thank you he learned alot. Knows way more than I did when I was his age. I plan on giving him my 10g

I think that's the best part about having fish as a pet kids learn a lot. Both my 9 year old & my 6 year old do the water testing with me & are learning about the nitrogen cycle.

Back
Top Bottom