My Tank - thoughts? Feedback?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ngerrie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm new to the hobby and would love some feedback on my 45G planted tank!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416153077.235206.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Lovely set up! If I was to throw my 10 cents (this site even has me using American money now) I would opt for a darker substrate and dark background.

This would give the fish a little bit more security and could perhaps bring out colours even further and initiate even more natural behaviours.

Here is my firemouths before and after I was helped with this ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416155177.059996.jpg

You can just see one on the left. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416155250.571394.jpg

This was taken just now. I subdued the light, added plants, changed the substrate and added a background. As you can see they no longer hide and there colours have significantly changed :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1416155424.387581.jpg

This is the tank now. I know I will be arranging the plants better when the root tabs have dissolved.

Those large leafed plants do not look fully aquatic. If so they will likely rot after a few months fully submerged

I 2nd that as well,not fully aquatic..

Getcha feet wet fish tank people!

Those large leafed plants do not look fully aquatic. If so they will likely rot after a few months fully submerged

Yes thanks skelly. Had this discussion earlier.

Great tips Caliban!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Very nice tank, especially for a beginner!
You should add a background to hide what is behind. I absolutely love back lighting, and it would look really nice with your clear substrat. Back lighting is the bright white background you see on almost all tanks if you google aquascaping images. But it is not compatible with a HOB filter so you would need to change it... in the meantime a simple plain background would improve the look.

Back
Top Bottom