Mysterious Stowaway Plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Old Scales

Aquarium Advice Addict
I ordered several plants from the UK about 4 months ago. Among them were two pots of Tropica's Ammania Bonsaii. I planted them and they have grown well, albeit slowly. Right by one of the stems I have this very fine, needle leafed sprig growing. Green and healthy but growing at the same slow rate as the Amm. Bonsaii. It's growing so well it must be aquatic, but it stays so small. I've looked at literally hundreds of plant profiles over the last year and never found one like this. So here's a challenge for you plant gurus out there.
It has a very pretty light green/dark green color. I think it's really cool.
Here is the best pic I can get with my camera. Thanks, OS.

Attachments

• DSCF1058.jpg
    DSCF1058.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 51
Yep, Bud's right. It does grows slow but in my 220 the stems and leaves are really thick and heavy and bright green. If it's not bothering you I wouldn't move it as it doesn't like it and tends to pout for a bit when you do.

Wow! You guys are awesome. This one is only 2.5" tall and is four months old. I really like it so it has a permanent place of honor in its little stowaway position. Another intersting thing to watch. This is why I love planted tanks! Thanks guys. OS.

Back
Top Bottom