mystery snail w/ dwarf sag?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tostada

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a mystery snail which I moved out of my 30 gal and into his own 5.5 gal because all of a sudden all my swords were trying to eat him. The 30 gal. has a bunch of anacharis, and when he was in there he never really at it. He mostly did laps around the tank eating algae.

Now that I've got the 5.5 gal, I wanted to put a bunch of dwarf sag in there. I read on applesnail.net that these guys are supposed to be able to decimate a planted tank pretty quickly. Maybe my snail just doesn't like anacharis. Is it a bad idea to put him in a tank with dwarf sag?

I mean, if one of them has to go, it's probably going to be the snail...

What kind of apple snail do you have? If it's a Brig then your plants are perfectly safe. Other varieties of apple snails are quite another matter as you've read. If you look at species link on AppleSnail.Net it'll help you identify which variety you're dealing with.

Well, it was just sold as a gold mystery snail in the LFS. They had tons of them, and none of them were bigger than about 1.25" across, so I doubt they're the ones that get up to softball size. I'll try and figure out what exactly it is.

Back
Top Bottom