Nano tank! Lighting and other stuff! Help?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big_al01

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright I need some opinions and some info from people who have or are doing the same! I am starting a nano tank with some red cherry shrimp! I have a 1.5 gallon tetra cube but the led to me just didn't look great, so I bought a gooseneck lamp and i now have a 14 watt cfl on it! Is this too much light? I calculated and its like 9.3 wpg! I will be dosing flourish excel! Does this sound alright?

Don't run the light more than 6 hours. It is a lot of light. You can try raising the light if needed to reduce PAR or get a diff wattage.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't run the light more than 6 hours. It is a lot of light. You can try raising the light if needed to reduce PAR or get a diff wattage.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 that is really high light. I would try and raise the light higher above the tank and keep it on between 5-6 hours. If you can set up a cheap paintball co2 system, that will help eliminate most algaes.

What sort of plants will you be using? Floating plants like Amazon frogbit will help control algae.

I have Italian val java moss microswords Sagittaria subulata and not sure what else

Back
Top Bottom