Nanocube Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

I was thinking of getting a deluxe 12g nanocube and setting it up as a planted tank. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about them?

have you checked out the details on the tank.. ie. how much light it comes with and its dimensions? a cube would have good surface area for one thing.. I would think that it might be kinda short so you would need to keep shorter plants.. doesnt sound like a problem to me though.. I would think it would make a good plant tank.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ... sounds like you might be coming down with the MTS.. better get a shot or something!! :mrgreen:

I bought a nanocube recently and now it is a planted fw tank. - it comes with a 24 W light, you can choose either half full-specter half actinic bulb, or just a full spectrum bulb. They also include a bag of activated carbon, some bioballs, 2 sponges for the filter and a bag of ceramic rings. The deluxe version has 2 24 w bulbs.

Well, so far - I like it. Everything - heater, filter, sponges is hidden in the back, the background is already black, so the tank looks quite sophisticated. Filtering is ok - better than eclipse in my opinion. However, the current is quite strong. The tank looks in fact as a cube but there is enough depth and length for the fish to swim and for some quite tall plants. The tank is cooled by two computer hard disk fans (or something that looks quite like it). The cooling is very efficient. The fans are a bit loud when they're on; however, the filter works very silently. The tank is in my bedroom and, although, I am very sensitive to sound, so far I was not bothered. The tank is glass, however, so there is some visual distortion.

If there is a choice btw eclipse and nano - choose nano ( i tried eclipse as well, but had to get rid of it - the light is insufficient for plants and to retrofit it will cost another 60 dollars if not more)

Back
Top Bottom