NanoJack's Photo Journal 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy cow... nice progression! Looks like all the diatoms are cleared out. Have you been whispering sweet nothings to the tank while the wife wasn't around?

What would be the dosing regimen for 4ppm of po4?

Digging up a bit, but this is why I love EI. I just follow the procedure and don't test. Weekly water change that gets done with my reef, and it's good to go.

Also, tank is looking good!

Kinda weird that the Amanos keep jumping. Have you tested nitrates? I really can't see why they keep trying to leave the tank unless there is unfavorable conditions.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1400763198.979375.jpg

Week 10

6 CPDs - 2 holding
4 Neon Tetras
6 RCS - 1 berried
1 Otto
2 Amano Shrimp- 1 on suicide watch
2 Nerites - 1 hasn't moved in 2 days
1 Mystery snail that has mysteriously appeared. Not cone shaped. A

Feeding fauna twice a week.
20% WC on Wed nights
50-70% on Fridays
Ei dosing 2ml PPS, 2ml K, 3ml po4, 3ml excel, and 1 ML mics Daily.
Lights on 6 hours a day.

Added ludwigia repens I received 2 months ago I had growing in a vase near my window.

Yes my tank is overstocked. So far GSA is the only issue. Still dosing po4 heavily. I have chili rasboras (Brigitae) on order. Will be putting neons up for adoption.

Week 11

Just maintaining hydrocotyl growth and HM. I propagated the ludwigia repens and the branching new growth had grown 3 leaves each and have melted. Puzzled... Any ideas? Too much light? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401366635.182918.jpg

Week 12

P04 is at 10 ppm for the past 2 weeks. GSA still sporadic. Fauna doing well. No suicides and no dis-ease. They seem comfortable and content! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401974411.468607.jpg

Hey Brian!

I would have to agree. However, what's conflicting that notion is that I was wanting to see the "what if"... What if my plants just grow out? And If I trim, I know I don't have signature seiryu stones and thus I do not fascinate how it would look like. I've experienced the primordial stages of my tank from pristine, to diatomed, to desperation, to euphoria and truly enjoy and respect the hobby. I just want to let things be. (Water changes and cleaning filters are done weekly btw).
When I do trim which will happen, will it look any better? I think both. Al
With all do respect, I'm a fan of yours! Umm. After having a few gin and tonics, things do look different and happy! Cheers my friend!

Naw it's cool.. if you wanna let it grow out, it's up to you. Part of the fun I suppose. I was just curious. The HC, however, has a tendency to get so thick that the bottom layer can die out and the top will be buoyant that your carpet might uplift from the substrate. That's why at the very least, you should trim the HC. But just a suggestion :)

I don't trim is often as a should.. but IME, after a trim when the plants start to regrow, the new buds and leaves look great. The stem plants get bushy and more full.

LOL... looking at tanks or hobby things in general after a nightcap or two can certainly cultivate happiness. I was doing that last week while out drinking with my friends. I enjoyed looking at tank pics in my phone. So I hear ya man! Cheers to you, bro!

Last edited:
Week 13

Tank and routine set.
Started new hobby - cycling.
Ordering Specialized Allez Elite Road Bike Today! ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402578248.412951.jpg

Back
Top Bottom