NanoJack's Photo Journal 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like that idea jack!!! I may have to "borrow" it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Cycling...awesome. Nice bike. Which pedals did you select?

Went to order from specialize warehouse, they sold the last 2014 allez elite in my size. I should have bought it 2 days ago when they had it. Ended up upgrading to the Allez Comp for $400 more. Apparently, better frame, clean welds, better wheels, carbon fork and tiagra shimano. I'm totally stoked! I pick up the bike tomorrow- 3.5 hour drive ahead of me.

What pedal options do I have?

I like the idea of pumps too. I think I'm going to have to try that and make dosing easier on myself. Tank is looking splendid, BTW. I'm surprised MTS hasn't set in yet? Just waiting to hear you announce a 120P or 90P any day now. LOL

Went to order from specialize warehouse, they sold the last 2014 allez elite in my size. I should have bought it 2 days ago when they had it. Ended up upgrading to the Allez Comp for $400 more. Apparently, better frame, clean welds, better wheels, carbon fork and tiagra shimano. I'm totally stoked! I pick up the bike tomorrow- 3.5 hour drive ahead of me.

What pedal options do I have?

Oh, I might be behind the times bc I have not purchased biking equipment in over 20 years. At the time, clipless pedal options were either LOOK style pedals or SPD ("Spuds") style. Not sure how much things have changed since then. I'm sure they will have pedal options and compatible shoes when you pickup the bike. Popular pedal brands include Shimano, Look, and Time. Here is a link to pedal info: http://wheelworld.com/m/articles/buyers-guide-to-clipless-pedals-and-cycling-shoes-pg194.htm

I like the idea of pumps too. I think I'm going to have to try that and make dosing easier on myself. Tank is looking splendid, BTW. I'm surprised MTS hasn't set in yet? Just waiting to hear you announce a 120P or 90P any day now. LOL

Ty. The wifey vetoed it (mts) when I told her I needed a quarantine/breeder tank. I thought it would work since she thought the shrimp were cute. I tried! On the bright side, she bought me a bike. I love staring at my tank gives me peace and serenity. However, it doesn't reduce my risk for heart disease. Cardio is a must! I'm an avid runner like 15-20 miles per week. Started developing runners knee. hence, a bike. Wish me luck. I hope I enjoy it as much as my little green oasis. Any new projects lately?

Oh, I might be behind the times bc I have not purchased biking equipment in over 20 years. At the time, clipless pedal options were either LOOK style pedals or SPD ("Spuds") style. Not sure how much things have changed since then. I'm sure they will have pedal options and compatible shoes when you pickup the bike. Popular pedal brands include Shimano, Look, and Time. Here is a link to pedal info: http://wheelworld.com/m/articles/buyers-guide-to-clipless-pedals-and-cycling-shoes-pg194.htm

Visited my LBS and found the bike that was sold out online! Loaded it on my Tacoma Bed and it started pouring rain. lol! What a way to christen a bike! ? At the shop I saw all the pedals. I could buy a another bike for the cost of the pedals and shoes!! $200 for top of line pedals! Sheesh! Thanks for the link. I will utilize my plastic pedals so when I do upgrade I will understand the difference and appreciate it more.

Ty. The wifey vetoed it (mts) when I told her I needed a quarantine/breeder tank. I thought it would work since she thought the shrimp were cute. I tried! On the bright side, she bought me a bike. I love staring at my tank gives me peace and serenity. However, it doesn't reduce my risk for heart disease. Cardio is a must! I'm an avid runner like 15-20 miles per week. Started developing runners knee. hence, a bike. Wish me luck. I hope I enjoy it as much as my little green oasis. Any new projects lately?

Well.. you gotta give a little to get a little. You shouldn't gotten her a new pair of shoes or something. LOL

Well... I got my 3g long tank going. Won it from an art contest for a hobby club. Threads up in this forum. Also, getting the new Ecoxotic E-Series for the 60P.

Wish I had the initiative to ride by bike more often. Good luck to you and more power to you man! My GF and I occasionally ride in the cooler months. It's triple digits everyday right now in AZ. So no thanks... I'll just jump on the elliptical machine in the fitness room where there's AC and a TV ;)

Do you plan on getting 2 ecoxotic like the current or would 1 suffice?

Male CPD on the prowl!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402678240.034947.jpg

Visited my LBS and found the bike that was sold out online! Loaded it on my Tacoma Bed and it started pouring rain. lol! What a way to christen a bike! ? At the shop I saw all the pedals. I could buy a another bike for the cost of the pedals and shoes!! $200 for top of line pedals! Sheesh! Thanks for the link. I will utilize my plastic pedals so when I do upgrade I will understand the difference and appreciate it more.

Take your time to research products and reviews and shop around. I rode with the stock pedals until I found a set of pedals I liked (they allowed some pivoting leeway which is supposed to be more forgiving on the knees).
Also, a good helmet is a must. I crashed once and am still convinced the helmet I wore (which was severely crushed) saved my skull that day.
Enough of the public service message...back to your regularly scheduled program already in progress...

One more thing on cycling... stay tight to the side, and never ride side by side with your friends and take up the whole road;)

Week 14

Ludwigia Repens at the back right is growing. The helferi growing taller. Is this because it's a tissue culture?

ATM...

6 CPDs
1 Otto
4 neons
1 amano (1 committed suicide and crawled to restroom and freaked out my wife).
5 RCS (1 committed suicide)
1 nerite
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403183804.662439.jpg

Looks great! The helferi is on the right? Did you get the petsmart package?

Back
Top Bottom