NanoJack's Photo Journal 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For those wondering about the steel mesh, I love my HC and hated to see it float despite regular heavy trimming. If anyone has a better idea, please do chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, it's working! Any idea how I can eradicate these small little white fleas that live in the substrate and the sides? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422893794.154626.jpg

Copepods?

When I had scarlet badis, they use to hunt and eat those little suckers. What fish do you have in there now?

3 Neons, 4 rummy noses, and 2 cpds. I will grab a couple Scarlet's badis when any of these fish decide to jump ship.

I just got one! cool little bugger!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Only down side with a scarlet badis is that after the live food is gone, they are finicky eaters. They wouldn't touch flakes. Had to feed mine frozen brine and blood worms. Pain in the you know where if you're feeling lazy like me. Super cool fish otherwise. Sort of reminds me of a mini cichlid.

Here's my little guy:
http://i1.minus.com/jxcMHfVDBhQr.jpg

Last edited:
Dude is on the move non stop..

Attachments

• 1423010124658.jpg
    1423010124658.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 63
Those guys look neat! I hear ya about the frozen food - pita. May have to reconsider!

Hey Brian any idea why these blyxias leaves going reddish? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423059299.731186.jpg

Because they're happy, healthy, and awesome!!

It's the plants natural sun screen. Think it's called anthocyanin. I think a plant produces this instead of green chlorophyll to photosynthesise when there is too much light. Your blyxa is perfectly healthy though, just be grateful as it makes it look much prettier

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Man.. you're lucky that the blyxa is developing that color. Must be the close proximity to that red spectrum. Wish mine did that!

Looking very nice! Glad to see the UG and blyxa took to your tank well. They tend to melt when moved to a new environment and if they're not favoring your tank's conditions. This is clearly not the case.

Thanks Brian and Fresh!

Fresh, I Iooked at your bio and was wondering if you have any ammania bansai clippings?

Thanks Brian and Fresh!

Fresh, I Iooked at your bio and was wondering if you have any ammania bansai clippings?

I have very few at the moment. With the last scape I moved them to the shrimp tank. You may want to hit up brookster. He has a mini forest of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom