NanoJack's Photo Journal 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! That carpet has grown.
Without spotting the neons, I had no clue on the size of that tank. The Downoi look huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yup.. looking real nice! LMK when you have some HC trimmings to spare. Might need some in an upcoming nano.

What mesh? Looks great. If not for the neon and other fish on the right side, I would swear this is a 20 or 33 long or larger.

I was thinking the same- the neons really look like giants in this tank! Outstanding work, Jack! Please keep us posted.

Truly stunning sir!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Amazing results! What's the secret? Are you dosing ferts religiously? I think my tank isn't looking as pristine because I sometimes skip a day or two, and I'm already dosing lean with pps-pro.

Many Thanks everyone! No secret. I probably over dose pps pro and excel daily. I do a water change every other week. I have two led light fixtures. One is set at 7am-3pm while the co2 is on and the other comes on at 8pm-11pm. I don't have any major algae issues and I feed fish daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aquatek Mini Regulator with generic mini glass diffuser. 3 bps for 7 hours.

Cool man.. I was just wondering because the tank is so shallow that I could imagine co2 loss being easy.

I once had a clogged diffuser that went unnoticed until I noticed an algae bloom. Once I swapped out the diffuser, the algae dissipated. I would have to agree there is loss but not a complete loss.

Yeah I agree. My experience with the 60F was similar. I think the next time I set up the canister with my lily pipes, I'm going to try an Ista Mix Max. They're so inexpensive and seem to be super efficient in the co2 dissolution area.

Yeah I agree. My experience with the 60F was similar. I think the next time I set up the canister with my lily pipes, I'm going to try an Ista Mix Max. They're so inexpensive and seem to be super efficient in the co2 dissolution area.

I've heard from some others on here that the Ista Mix Max can have some issues such as leaking. I think Brookster had one of them.

Back
Top Bottom