NanoJack's Photo Journal 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430224806.956984.jpg

As of late...

The UG has violated the virgin HC!
Heavy trimming of the dwarf penny worts.
Bonsai ammania has taken root.
All spare time and money reserved for hobbies......over ruled by Newborn. : )
Happiness is simply happiness!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the newborn. The tank is simply amazing. Despite not have time, your tank looks great. I really like the coloration of that blyxa on the right. How do you manage it from getting too large and from spreading into more plants (stems/shoots)?

Looks great man! Gratz on the wee one:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Congrats on the newborn. The tank is simply amazing. Despite not have time, your tank looks great. I really like the coloration of that blyxa on the right. How do you manage it from getting too large and from spreading into more plants (stems/shoots)?

The secret is countless hours of viewing in my Calvin Klein's! Lol

Ha! Thanks! Got three scarlet badis as of today. Beautiful specimens! The HG is transitioning to DHG. Lol

They're a crafty little species.. i ordered a scud colony for them.to snack on...look at this fatty hahah, little blimp just snipes the substrate all day..

Attachments

• 1433125003996.jpg
    1433125003996.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 78
Currently working on building a DIY lid made out of steel mesh. Just ordered a 12"x24" sheet. Would a dremel make clean cuts?

Snips would be better. Just a yellow handled pair of Stanley sheet metal shears from home depot.

It's the same mesh I used for anchoring my HC. I used wire cutters but every snip altered and bent the grid pattern. I want clean professional cuts without bending or creating jagged points. I've never used a dremel but seen them cut nail heads in commercials.

Did you use something like this? A Dremel would work with the appropriate abrasive wheel/cut off disc. It would probably sand/smooth cuts as you go. Clamping a straight edge cutting guide would help too. Wear eye protection as well! removing a piece of molten metal fused to your eyeball sucks:/

Attachments

• 1433236171393.jpg
    1433236171393.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom