Need a fresh outlook and advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hobbiest

Aquarium Advice Activist
My main tank is a 65 gal planted aquarium with C02. I use root tabs for my amazon swords and use leaf zone for plants that take in nutrient through leaves, I have the PPS pro system ferts, but am currently not using. I also use Flora-max for substrate.
For the most part my plants do great with the exception of an occasional leaf or two I have to take off my swords because of algae. I have Amazon Swords, Water Sprite, java ferns, Ricci and Duck weed in the tank.
The problem is I've had this set up for quite some time and it's starting to look wayyyy to GREEN! does anyone have any advice on switching it up a bit? Rearranging or other plants to add to help add a little color. My lighting I will have to get back to you on as I don't remember exactly how much it has,but I do know it is not high lighting. Here is a pic to go off of and there are many more in profile,but when looking at profile pics keep in mind I have three tanks.
Any advice is appreciated and thank you in advance:).

41274-albums12524-picture67440.jpg

No one has any advice? I'm just looking for ideas that maybe I haven't thought of that will help rescape this aquarium or add to it any input helps and is appreciated.:):fish2::fish2::fish2:

No one has any advice? I'm just looking for ideas that maybe I haven't thought of that will help rescape this aquarium or add to it any input helps and is appreciated.:):fish2::fish2::fish2:

I would remove the floaters, they add to the green tint and aren't the most attractive thing in my opinion, I would also look to get a nice piece of driftwood with lots of personality. For your foreground I would add some star repens or dwarf sag. For a little red some ludwigia repens or rotala rotundifolia.

Thanks for replying, I am getting ready to thin out floaters. I had the floaters for my angelfish fry to hide in, but fry are quite big now and in another tank. I am also trying to get some Dwarf Sag for the front.
Maybe you can't tell in pic but I have a beautiful dark piece of drift wood in center but it is covered by a huge Java fern. I wish I could get a taller one that would cover more in tank. Then I have a small piece over in the corner that just is tank of tossed there.
I have four huge Amazon Swords and one small one I try to keep in the background because of how tall they get. There is a Lilly I want that turns kind of reddish but I don't know the name of it yet so if you do that would help a lot.
Anyway thanks for the help I just thought I would get opinions other than mine for the tank.:)

Thanks for replying, I am getting ready to thin out floaters. I had the floaters for my angelfish fry to hide in, but fry are quite big now and in another tank. I am also trying to get some Dwarf Sag for the front.
Maybe you can't tell in pic but I have a beautiful dark piece of drift wood in center but it is covered by a huge Java fern. I wish I could get a taller one that would cover more in tank. Then I have a small piece over in the corner that just is tank of tossed there.
I have four huge Amazon Swords and one small one I try to keep in the background because of how tall they get. There is a Lilly I want that turns kind of reddish but I don't know the name of it yet so if you do that would help a lot.
Anyway thanks for the help I just thought I would get opinions other than mine for the tank.:)

No problem! one other thing that I may suggest is to remove all of the swords but 1 or 2. You will be amazed at how much space that it frees up and you will have a lot of other possibilities opened by removing them if you choose! :)

Back
Top Bottom