need aquarium plant advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishy wooten

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am in the middle of aquascaping a 75 gallon aquarium with a huge tree trunk/root driftwood, play sand substrate and large river rocks. I would like the have a couple of low light, slow growth plants in the tank. I have never had live plants, so I am new to this. I am thinking of moss on the driftwood and rocks. Also I dont want plants that will overgrow the tank. Thanks

Here is how the tank is so far with out water. Let me here your opinions for aquascaping. Thanks

Attachments

• 75 tank 001.jpg
    75 tank 001.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 75 tank 003.jpg
    75 tank 003.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 93
Moss all over that driftwood, and make a nice forest in the back with wisteria, anarchis, hornwort. Dwarf sag, ferns and crypts in the front? Idk sounds good to me

I'm going to be honest.....
I envy you!

I would get some moss balls, tear them apart and place them on the roots. Some glosso to carpet the bottom, ummm anubias nana petite near the trunk
Maybe a sword plant... So many possibilities!

here is a pic with the light on and 1 step closer to getting filled with water.

Here is the pics with lights on and no water.

Attachments

• 75 tank 011.jpg
    75 tank 011.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 84
  • 75 tank 013.jpg
    75 tank 013.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 91
yeah that's a cave that goes to about 3 inches below the sand, also the center of that driftwood has a cave that the fish can swim from the bottom to the top.

My next question would be should I fill the tank before planting some plants or after it is filled and the water has cleared up.

i personally fill my tanks up to make sure that all the floating stuff gets out of it, iv found that i can either use a net or fill the water to the point just over my intake to my filter. then i drain it 3/4 of the way out and plant my plants and fill it back up. i find that it is easier to get a good look at what it is going to look like when there is some water in there.

Back
Top Bottom