Need help finding a good light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pezzep

Aquarium Advice Freak
My brothers got a tank that I believe is 4'x18"x18" so about 60-70 gallons, I'm trying to find him a good LED light but he isn't looking to spend too much, it is his birthday soon so if he likes the light but it's out of his budget I may be a nice brother and chip in the rest :p build my led would be out of the question, I was looking at some finnex fixtures but I haven't asked him yet if those are out of his budget or not. If you have a light that isn't LED that's good and the price is cheap I'll take it into consideration as well, thanks!

This is the finnex light I was looking at, have any of you tried this light? What kind of light will it give on his tank (low, medium, high?)
http://www.amazon.ca/Finnex-AL-R48W...404244248&sr=8-1&keywords=finnex+planted+plus

I have had the finnex planted plus for 4 months now. My tank is fairly deep at 20 inches it's 58 gallons. The light is awesome. It's sleek looking and the red and blue colors are great. My plants have responded great to it compared to my old t5 bulbs. They are sending runners everywhere now. I would say low to med low on my tank but it does great. Great price on amazon. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404247248.891403.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404247263.184782.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have had the finnex planted plus for 4 months now. My tank is fairly deep at 20 inches it's 58 gallons. The light is awesome. It's sleek looking and the red and blue colors are great. My plants have responded great to it compared to my old t5 bulbs. They are sending runners everywhere now. I would say low to med low on my tank but it does great. Great price on amazon. View attachment 241897View attachment 241898

Didn't even notice it was that a planted plus model haha thought it was a different model cause I didn't read plus in the name but after reading the description I see that it is. I got a couple planted plus lights, I like them. Do you think on his tank it would give him medium light since it's shallower then yours, after substrate is added his light will probably be 16" away from the substrate if he puts the light right on top of the tank.

Ya I would think med light.

Does he run co2? Its too strong of a light to run at that height with no co2. Tank will be algae farm.

I have the same fixture and I run at 21". 75g tank heavily planted.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Does he run co2? Its too strong of a light to run at that height with no co2. Tank will be algae farm.

I have the same fixture and I run at 21". 75g tank heavily planted.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No co2 I think he eventually wants to have co2. He does dose metricide 14 day solution and I'm going to get him dosing dry ferts soon. If it is to close to the substrate and algae starts growing he could always suspend the light too.

I only dose metricide 14 also and I have very little algae and nothing noticeable.

Consistent/daily dosing of glut will stave off any significant algae issues. I have crazy high light with no Co2, and I do have algae issues, but glut keeps it in check.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom