Need help getting light to fit tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Passatryde

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I got my new light fixture today too. Picked up a 48" or my 55 gallon but it's like half an inch too long to have the bracket attach to the aquarium??

Some brands don't mix n match well. Example: I have a Marineland tank and had to get Marineland glass top instead of using different brand. It can get frustrating. Is it really noticeable? Do u have a canopy that goes over top?

Is your 55g tank 48"L? That fixture is 47.5". It should fit a standard 48" tank perfectly. They ship their brackets (wire type) upside down in the box so that may be the problem. Read the paper it came with to see if that's the issue. Do you have a nonstandard tank size?

So my tank is 48.25" and it looks like the light itself is in fact 47.5" but when you put the brackets on (right side up) it adds over an inch onto each side so what I have now is the half inch overage on each side. What if I have it just sit on the glass? I just heard that that isn't recommended with these t5ho fixtures?? But I mean the slightest nudge and I'm worried it'll come crashing down

So my tank is 48.25" and it looks like the light itself is in fact 47.5" but when you put the brackets on (right side up) it adds over an inch onto each side so what I have now is the half inch overage on each side. What if I have it just sit on the glass? I just heard that that isn't recommended with these t5ho fixtures?? But I mean the slightest nudge and I'm worried it'll come crashing down

You're absolutely right, it's a bad idea to have your fixture directly on the glass. I don't have their 48" fixture, but have their 24" one and I use it in a canopy without the brackets. I've read that some people bend the wire brackets inward to make them fit their tanks or to simply add more height to get a wider light spread and better heat ventilation. It's easier to do with a bench vice and some pliers but not everybody has that option. Simply using 2 sets of pliers should do the trick if you decide to go that route. Have you tried contacting Odysea customer service by email? They may have an easier, more obvious solution. :fish2:

Nice fixture! CorallineAlgae is right. Try contacting them. Maybe you could bend the wires or swap sides. Maybe you could create something to raise it and maybe zip-tie it around the fixture to solve your problem. Sounds very hillbilly, but us aquarists do what we have to do to get things to work for our tanks. Spoiled fish! Keep us posted on ur progress.

Back
Top Bottom