Need help identifying white spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MNM

Aquarium Advice Newbie
These little white spots have suddenly popped up on my driftwood and some rocks. The spots aren't on my fish or the live plants. They come off pretty easily from the rocks, cling harder on the driftwood. Thought for a second they might be Cory eggs, but they don't look like NY photos I've seen of those, and they've now been there about four or five days.

Attachments

• image-1187009006.jpg
    image-1187009006.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 123
I think I have the same thing. Don't know at all what it is. Any help from anyone would be really appreciated. Lol

Attachments

• image-1507888384.jpg
    image-1507888384.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 111
Interesting, you guys got any close up pictures?

MNM said:
These little white spots have suddenly popped up on my driftwood and some rocks. The spots aren't on my fish or the live plants. They come off pretty easily from the rocks, cling harder on the driftwood. Thought for a second they might be Cory eggs, but they don't look like NY photos I've seen of those, and they've now been there about four or five days.

Nothing to worry, this is common in driftwood after being in the tank for sometime.

I think that is some kind of mold, but nothing to worry, normally don't grow more than the size of a spot, and some of the fish even eat it.

So showed the picture to the guy at my fish store who is generally pretty knowledgeable - he thinks these are cory eggs.

IME/O I've had spots that look exactly like that on driftwood and rocks, they aren't eggs. They're a type of mold or fungus as stated above, nothing that will harm your tanks.

My corys just laid eggs, and they look nothing like that :)

Back
Top Bottom