Need help with root tabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bhavik95

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have been looking around on eBay for some root tabs and I have found 3 different once but don't know how good they are and which one I should go for!
If you guys could help me out that would be great!

I have seen normal DIY root tabs
150 Root Tabs Capsules Pond aquarium Plant Food Fertilizer slow release nontoxic

Also easy life root sticks
Easy-Life 25 Root Sticks Tabs Plant Root Feeding Aquarium Plants Planted Tank | eBay

And dennerle power tabs
Dennerle Power Tabs - Root Fertilizer (30 pcs) for Aquarium Plants | eBay

I don't know which one to go for and which give the best results

I have quite a few Amazon sword which are heavy root feeds as well as some vals and a small crinum cal that I'm trying to get to grow and root so I need something to help it

But will be adding more plants soon

Thanks

I have been looking around on eBay for some root tabs and I have found 3 different once but don't know how good they are and which one I should go for!
If you guys could help me out that would be great!

I have seen normal DIY root tabs
150 Root Tabs Capsules Pond aquarium Plant Food Fertilizer slow release nontoxic

Also easy life root sticks
Easy-Life 25 Root Sticks Tabs Plant Root Feeding Aquarium Plants Planted Tank | eBay

And dennerle power tabs
Dennerle Power Tabs - Root Fertilizer (30 pcs) for Aquarium Plants | eBay

I don't know which one to go for and which give the best results

I have quite a few Amazon sword which are heavy root feeds as well as some vals and a small crinum cal that I'm trying to get to grow and root so I need something to help it

But will be adding more plants soon

Thanks

Order some 00 size gel capsules and half fill them with osmocote plus granules [emoji106] nice and easy and cheap too

the only thing with that is i cant fine any osmocote plus in the UK that i can buy

i checked on ebay and its all coming from the US and the shipping is twice the amount of the actual product

On mine I was adding clay as well (although that was to improve gravel and seachem fluorite). The ferts were just high potassium, low iron from hardware store.

What substrate are you using? Do your plants show any deficiency?(Leaves are pale, yellow or new leaves are very small or old leaves dying?) If you're looking to add micro nutrients, Flourish tabs are decent but don't contain any NPK so if it is a new tank you probably need macro nutrients so API root tabs contain NPK and Iron. A combination of both can benefit heavy root feeders significantly

the only thing with that is i cant fine any osmocote plus in the UK that i can buy

i checked on ebay and its all coming from the US and the shipping is twice the amount of the actual product

I've used pond plant tabs before with no issues. I'd just get them if u can't find osmocote plus. I brought caps and crushed the bigger pond tabs into smaller granules and then loaded the caps up. [emoji106]

I use pond tabs. They are much less expensive than aquarium tabs and otherwise seem to be the same thing. I do have to crush them, but then pretty much each tank only needs one tab per month.

I don't have a special substrate only gravel changed from sand
It's an old tank I get good growth just the old leaves start to turn yellowish and start to die away

You said pond tabs where could I buy these from could some post a link?

Also if I was to get one of the above that I suggested which ones would I go for?

That's probably a nitrogen deficiency as the plant is getting new leaves but since nitrogen is missing in your tank, it transfers nutrients stored in the old leaves to the new leaves

Why have my Amazon swords turned like this is it because of me adding liquid co2? Only started since the last 2 days
Added 2.5ml to a 200l tank IMG_1815.jpgIMG_1816.jpgIMG_1817.jpg

yeah i have root tabs under them and i dose marco and mirco ferts

Back
Top Bottom