need information

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giffmastaflex

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a 55 galling tank (48 L, 13 W, 21 H) right now I have some fish in there and I wanted to add some live plants, but the only thing is that I know nothing about plants in an aquarium. I need to know exactly what I need and what steps to take to do a planted tank. Right now I have a regular stock bulbs (came with the kit), I am willing to buy some new bulbs but nothing too expensive. Any and all information would be helpful.

You can start with the bulb plants from the LFS or walmart. They are aponogetons, lilies and onion plants. Look for a package with the most bulbs. They are like 4 bucks. Just toss the bulbs in the tank and within a few weeks you should have your first plants. Any bulb that does not sprout can be returned to the company, not the store for free replacements so save the receipt.

I think everyone has been in your position. We want plants but not sure how to go about it. It can get expensive buying plants and watching them die for lack of light. My suggestion will only save you some money.

I've had better plant success with CFL lights rather than tube fluorescent lights.

Back
Top Bottom