Need more flow in my 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trout11B

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've got some pretty substantial stem plants in my tanks and I think it's creating a lot of dead spots in my tank where gunk collects.

Any suggestions on how to create more flow. The AC 20 was alright for awhile but it doesn't seem to have as much push right now.

Thanks

R

A small circulation pump? I know the best small one is the Hydor Koralia 240, but it might be a bit large for a 10g. Not sure of any smaller types..

I've got some pretty substantial stem plants in my tanks and I think it's creating a lot of dead spots in my tank where gunk collects.

Any suggestions on how to create more flow. The AC 20 was alright for awhile but it doesn't seem to have as much push right now.

Thanks

R

Something really simple that you could do is add a bubble stone or one of those bubble curtains. I use those long bubble stones in the back of my tank, and it does quite well at circulating the water.

A small circulation pump? I know the best small one is the Hydor Koralia 240, but it might be a bit large for a 10g. Not sure of any smaller types..

I wasn't sure about the pump cause I hadn't found one that seemed small for a 10 gallon. If anyone has some suggestions for a pump I'd appreciate it.

I thought about a bigger filter, but I just got the twenty going and I'm not quite able to fit another filter on there yet. Too many cats for an open top. I thought about maybe a small canister filter.

Have you looked into the mini canisters? I think they have a three stage one that is made specifically for a 10 gal tank. I'm trying to remember I think it's the C-80? I was looking at them for a newly acquired 20 myself.

Have you looked into the mini canisters? I think they have a three stage one that is made specifically for a 10 gal tank. I'm trying to remember I think it's the C-80? I was looking at them for a newly acquired 20 myself.

No I haven't looked into mini canisters. I'll do some quick google searching. I've only looked at "normal" sized canisters.

Back
Top Bottom