Need plant help ASAP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cgthebeast

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, so I have had this tank set up for around 4 months now, mabye longer. I upgraded from my 25 and moved everything over, including what's was 4 healthy amazon swords. I have a 2 layer substrate using organic miracle grow the used sand as a cap. Here's my issue, this tank is incredibly tall 45, standing at 25 in. An my swords are dying, it only has one bulb input also. I need a good light bulb for this quick

Attachments

• image-2398635758.jpg
    image-2398635758.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 38
Have you been using root tabs for your swords? They are very heavy root feeders. As for a light you are going to have to look into something that can penetrate that deep. Options are limited. I have a 30" deep tank and have only found metal halides and Build My LED fixtures to get light that deep. Well to give me good high light. T5HO's will only give a medium low light on a tank that deep and with the tank being an odd shape you'd probably only be able to use a 2 bulb fixture. I think the Build My LED fixture with a 75% beam angle would be the best bet. Plus if you get the dimmer which I use you can adjust the lighting for low light evening viewing. It's worth the money IMO. You could also grow a lot of different plants with it. This is the fixture I use.... Freshwater Planted Tank - Build My LED, LLC

Thanks, I plan if dosing ferts an root tabs, but the mulch is very new, probably around 3 weeks. I added it after I fixed a leak in my tank along the bottom seal. I will take a look at the build me led, they look like decent prices for what I saw.

Back
Top Bottom