Need Plant Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samzter

Aquarium Advice Addict
As you guys know, I'm getting some apisto's in the next month or two. I would really like a nicely planted tank. At my tank has around six different types of plants but I feel I need more! I would preferably like 4-5 more plants. 2 to be slow growing plants, and 3 to be big bushy plants! I might get a amazon sword, but then I want fast growing plants which are really fine leafed. (does that make sense?) anyways I have moderate lighting so don't think I want any plants which need strong light. This is what I want my underwater world to look like! If you can suggest any names ( commonly used and official names) of the plants or similar looking plants please do :) thanks a bunch !

It helps to know what you already have before trying to suggest other plants. What type lighting and bulbs are you using?

Okay, I'll try and remember the names ! I'm using the t8bulbs I think? Umm here it goes: echinodorus rubes, cryptocoryne wentail brown and anubias barteri nana. Oh and eleocharis parvula. Those were on the labels. I have another 2 but I don't know what they are. Here's a picture of the plants I like :)

Attachments

• image-4082702456.jpg
    image-4082702456.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 50
You've got medium low light if you have 2 bulbs. Try watersprite, wisteria, rotala indica (roundifolia), bacopa's, stargrass, diandra, green temple just to name a few. For slow growing there are tons of various anubia's, different types of java ferns, and bolbitus.

You've got medium low light if you have 2 bulbs. Try watersprite, wisteria, rotala indica (roundifolia), bacopa's, stargrass, diandra, green temple just to name a few. For slow growing there are tons of various anubia's, different types of java ferns, and bolbitus.

Thanks a lot! You're always helping me on here!

Back
Top Bottom