Needle valve

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schpanky

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all I hooked up my c02 system just now and the needle valve shot some water up into the tube. It wont go more than 1 bubble every two seconds, even when I open it all the way. Anyone with similar experiences?

Do you have a check valve on backwards? Typically they prevent water from going backwards from your tank into the tubing- but if it was installed backwards, it won't allow co2 into your tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Post a pic of your setup.
I'm thinking the bubble counter has a check valve and is mounted directly on the needle valve (could not remember which make/model you ended up getting).
A pic of the gauges would be helpful as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi I figured it out. Yes the bubble counter is on the check valve and directly on the needle valve. It said clockwise was closed, but it was actually counter clockwise, so it was open when I turned it on. I fixed it, but thanks anyway.

Yeah, I went with the GLA! So far so good! Someone told me that I'm backwards, but I still think clockwise is one way and not the other. It just depends on how you look at it.

Now comes the waiting. See what happens. As of now the drop checker is still blue so I changed the position of the diffuser. Time will tell. Not quite as frustrating as I thought it would be.

Back
Top Bottom