New 10 gal planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What substrate do you use for your tank? And is that drift wood?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Caribsea flora max and no it's just a decoration my girlfriend really wanted to put in

Person who had YouTube video up :)

Person who had YouTube video up :)

Ah ok, that would be me.
Substrate is CaribSea Tahitian Moon Sand.

Wood is I think one piece of Mopani and the rest is driftwood from club members. Tom Barr sold me some as well as other members.

There is a Cholla Cactus skeleton in there as well. My shrimp and Otos love it.

Real wood, real plants

Specs are listed in my profile.

Smoke signals from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Red tiger lotus would be a great addition, since they add a flash of red and don't require any iron fertilizers or so, just Co2 and a main supplement like Fluorish Seachem and fertz. You could have a floating indian fern. Currently in my 10 gallon I have tons of red cabomba, a gigantic water sprite, which I just trimmed and am floating a small piece waiting for it to expand, a new small amazon sword, and banana plant, and a bulb which keeps giving me red tiger lotuses. My plant is about 3 months old, and isn't the best looking tank but in another 3 months it should look thick and nice, what I mean by saying that is, it'll take some time for your plant to become amazing, but the process and final product are worth it.

I have been to all the local stores here and I can't seem to find anything but Java fern El Niño fern swords and cryptic wendtii so it's frustrating trying to find stuff that's not already in my 30g

I have been to all the local stores here and I can't seem to find anything but Java fern El Niño fern swords and cryptic wendtii so it's frustrating trying to find stuff that's not already in my 30g

Check to see if you have a local club. There are at least 3 FW clubs near me and I'm a member of an amazing Aquatic Plant club.

I'll try to find one, thanks so much for all the help you guys

I am also in the process of setting up a 10g planted tank. Im going with sand for the substrate. It is going to be a low light planted tank. Im only gonna run a 15w 18in fluorescent bulb. My question to you guys is the bulb that came with my hood is a 15w 18in full spectrum bulb. i have no other information. is this bulb sufficient for a low light planted 10gallon.
thanks

You can grow some plants
Crypts
Java Ferns
Mosses
Anubias

Try
Ludwigia repens
Bacopa monnieri (sp?)
Bolbitis
Red Tiger Lotus Lily
Aquarium Lilies | Details | Articles | TFH Magazine®
Etc...

I use API Leaf Zone
Flourish Comprehensive
Excel or Glut
DIY Root Tabs

Dry Ferts are cheaper. I like liquid for my small tanks.

Were you refering to my post about the full spectrum bulb or just the thread in general.

For everyone that helped me out on my journey to get this ten gal up and going I wanted to show a progress report

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420851126.969699.jpg

Thanks to everyone again, a Betta is going in tonight and I will show updates later

What substrate do you use for your tank? And is that drift wood?

I used CaribSea Tahitian Moon Sand black. DIY root tabs.

There are a few pieces of wood in this tank. Manzanita from Tom Barr, Driftwood and Mopani (?).

For everyone that helped me out on my journey to get this ten gal up and going I wanted to show a progress report

Thanks to everyone again, a Betta is going in tonight and I will show updates later

Nice! Looking forward to more photos!

Removed the dwarf hair grass and some of the crypts into my new 25g and added the Anubis in the back along with the Betta last night and five neons are in there temporarily until my friend comes to get them as my neighbor who bought the rest of the fish in my 30 g didn't want them

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420912864.385985.jpg

Well mr Betta managed to swim in under that dumb fake tree and get himself stuck so needless to say that decoration is gone

Mr Betta is doing fine now after a scary couple hours

I just scaped out a 5.5 g and am disappointed by how this one looks now

Thinking about reshaping it out tomorrow or Wednesday but would like any opinions on rock or dw?

So I doubt anyone is still following this but here is the 7 month update that is long overdue I guess

This tank finally got the mrs interested in the hobby so a big thanks to everyone who helped me with the smaller tank information and helped get me started

Don't plan on making any changes now so here is everything

Hard scape: 3 pieces of lace rock and buddah like statue

Flora: 1 Anubis nana
About 10 bunches of crypt wendti
About 30 stems crypt red
1 Amazon sword(think it has spawned a runner but not sure if it's separate just yet
And one Java fern that just floats around and won't grow

Fauna:
1 half moon beta
6 neon tetras
4 panda cory cats
1 mystery snail

It's been my favorite tank the past 7 months by far and can't wait to hear what you all think!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437611914.824499.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437611932.025513.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437611950.826421.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437611968.211409.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437611989.246408.jpg

Again thanks for keeping up with this is you have been and special thanks to those that helped me so much at the beginning of all this

Appreciate it guys, they are some of my favorite plants right now, I got two tanks full of them that started out with just a few stems, I have about 30 bundles of wendti that I have gotten out of 5 from a package from petsmart

And I have given a lot away as well

Back
Top Bottom