New 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em_witt

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently got 2 new 10 gal tanks and I want one to be a nice planted tank with ground cover and such.

I will be having LED lights. 2 strands of 3 individual lights each for a total of 6.

I will use DIY co2 for my co2 source.

When it is running I will have a top fin 10 filter on it. I am seeding it now on my 37 gal tank.

As for stock....maybe some small tetras(neons, cardinals) or harlequin rasboras

What would be the best type of ground cover for my 10 gal? Was thinking about starting it emersed?( I think that's right...)

What are some other plants for this tank?

Is there any kind of DIY substrate that I could do? Topping it off with sand or gravel or both?

The only thing I would like to add is that I want to keep this project as cheep as possible.

Any ideas, opinions, concerns, and/or comments please don't hold back!!;)

I have a ten gallon Top Fin with six LEDs as well. I added a bunch of Anacharis and one Anubias to help with nitrogen. The person at the store assured me my LED lights were perfect. A few days passed and both plants started to turn yellow and brown.

After some research I have found that each of those little lights put out .3 watts. So that strip of three puts off less than 1 watt. Together you have less than 2 watts. From what I have read you need 2 watts for every gallon of water in your tank.

I have not confirmed this, but it appears to be the case. I moved my plants out of my tank tonight and started a planted bowl....

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom