New 125 Gallon decor help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian14

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a set up 125 gallon tank 72 x 18 x23 with blank sand (not fertilizer). I have put some décor in but it's fake plants and unmatching rocks.

Id like to redo everything. I was wondering what my options with live plants would be. The lighting is decent I think. I can get the special bulbs if needed or get the occasional fertilizer stuff. Wont get Co2 system or anything like that.

I think it would look real cool with some drift wood mixed in with some plants and those plants that look like grass/moss. Im new to this so let me know what you guys think

Here it is as of now

Attachments

• image-1260433136.jpg
    image-1260433136.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 77
  • image-89098511.jpg
    image-89098511.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 3,586
  • image-2403963265.jpg
    image-2403963265.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 825
A big piece of Malaysian DW would look great. Attatch some Anubias and Java Ferns to it. Then plant some crypts like C. Wentdii Brown, Red, and Green to give the ground a little cover. Root tabs are needed for the Crypts.

Those are extremely low light and the plants Scottyhorse mentioned are about all you can use.

A big piece of Malaysian DW would look great. Attatch some Anubias and Java Ferns to it. Then plant some crypts like C. Wentdii Brown, Red, and Green to give the ground a little cover. Root tabs are needed for the Crypts.
+1, spider driftwood would add a really cool look.

Do those include that stuff that looks like grass and moss?

Do those include that stuff that looks like grass and moss?
. None of the plants Scottyhorse mentioned look like moss or grass. They are all great starter plants for low light, and would look great densely planted.

You can have moss, it is good for low light. But the plants I previously mentioned would look great densely planted.

Where do you recommend I get them from? And would I need fertilizer

Back
Top Bottom