New 20g Long Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Day 5 of fishless cycling: 0ppm-ammo,4+ppm-nitrite...so going well,ammo dropping to 0ppm within 24hrs.. With Fri comes the spider wood,I'll get some pics to put up once I've gotten the wood picked up..
Still not 100% on what stock I want to go with..Like I said before I love the rams...
But the tank will need to mature for awhile before I could add some.

I would do a water change to rwmove those nitrites. Where are your nitrates?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would do a water change to rwmove those nitrites. Where are your nitrates?

Not quite ready to do a water change yet,I usually don't test for nitrates untill I see nitrites declining...even with some added media from another tank it has usually has taken 8-10g days before I consistently see ammo&nitrites at 0ppm...

To my understanding high nitrites can stall a cycle.

I've successfully fishless cycled several tanks with no stalls or fails...although I appreciate the input I'm confident this tank will succeed without issue..I also added a small in-tank filter which had been seeded in another tank for just about a month.

Just saying what I have been told during my cycle. Don't think I will do a water change today thanks for the help :)

Day 6 fishless cycling: 0ppm-ammo,4+ppm-nitrite...dosed ammo back up to proper level&will see what tomorrow brings..closing in on Fri,will be picking up the spider wood&placing a plant order..

upload a gif

A couple pics of the spider wood being weighed down by a rock until it will remain sunk to the bottom..also added a hand full of stems..
Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think this tank will look amazing I the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think this tank will look amazing I the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thx for the kind words,we'll see how it all works out...got some more plants coming through the mail next week,I'll have to hunt locally from here on out as the temps are beginning to fall..

If I decide to go with shrimp in this one does anyone have ideas for a school of fish that will mix safely with cherry's or crystal red shrimp...I'm partial to white cloud mountain minnows,like I said open to ideas..

Day 8 fishless cycling:
0ppm-ammo,0.25ppm-nitrite...Will dose ammo back up& recheck tomorrow.Tests tomorrow should show nitrites bottomed out (0ppm)&will test for nitrates..tank should be cycled completely in 11 total days...cross fingers yo!

Good luck!! My cycle took 10 days :)

Thx Wrangler,it should be able to zero out ammo&nitrites after another 24hrs..I like to to dose it up for a couple more days afterwards to make sure everything runs smooth,then follow up with a HUGE water change...

I drained mine and only left 1 inch of water in the tank. I couldn't get it without disturbing the substrate.

I drained mine and only left 1 inch of water in the tank. I couldn't get it without disturbing the substrate.

Yup that's what I'll be doing...I found that if I cram some filter floss in the end of the gravel vac it keeps from a rush of water releasing out all at once when the syphon breaks..

Back
Top Bottom