New 20g Long Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiger terror

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I've not been able to ignore the itch any longer,gotta start a new tank. Planning this to be a low to med maintenance setup..Will be using 2-50 watt par 5000k cfl bulbs in separate bell shaped shop lights fixtures.Using basic ferts(have dry certs on standby)&glut. Plants will be also low maintenance as well...Will be dirting w/a sand cap...Will be using a TOM hob canister along w/a sponge filter..Plants I'll start.with will be dwarf sag,various crypts,jungle val,possibly a sword,ferns&some mosses. Outside of some white cloud mountain minnows I'm not 100% sure what the stock will be... Love the rams though..

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

One of my favorite always

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Sorry I pressed reply by mistake one of my favorites are kuhli loaches

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Probably going to stay away from loaches because I plan on adding amano shrimp.

2 hours later the tank has been dirted, sand cap has been put on, topped off with water , sponge filter and canister HOB are on and running. Took some media from another tank and begin dosing ammo.. So the fish-less cycle has begun.

If your going with a planted tank, you could add some endler's, or you could add otos, as they won't eat the shrimplets

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Definitely planted,but I'm partial to rams so no smaller shrimp except for some amano's.Gotta let the tank mature before adding either of those species...corie's however will be coming in a while definitely though.

Tank has cleared up nicely this morning...I feel like I should more lighting,maybe one more 5000k cfl..any suggestions?

Tank as it is this morning.

Probably going to stay away from loaches because I plan on adding amano shrimp.

I'm not sure if it helps but I keep Pygmy multi striped loaches with shrimp. They're tiny, and so good at cleaning food out of the cracks. They seem to eat "newborn" snails but nothing over 1mm.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Cool ,I like the suggestion.Not Really familiar with loaches but do they burrow in sand?

Mine do not. I don't think this type usually does.

They do swim upside down sometimes though. They're pretty fun to watch.

I think sometimes they're called Laos Pygmy Striped loach. Don't have the scientific name but they're not easily confused with others.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Went in to the lfs today&ordered some spider wood...had some great pieces but a little big for what I wanna do...

Sounds like a nice tank, but can't see pictures and the link isn't working :(

Edit-Didn't see you already noticed bad link. Wish I could help with problems.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom